cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Maven plugin - Merging deployer & rcl
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 22:33:03 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> BTW: Can we have a released deployer plugin as well.
>
> I think that Cocoon should only have one Maven plugin with as many goals
> as needed.

I've done the work (sorry Andrew that I committed at the wrong moment) today. I
  successfully run mvn clean install -P allblocks with an empty repository this
evening.

If you want to use the plugin or want to upgrade, add it to your pom.xml

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
-        <artifactId>cocoon-rcl-plugin</artifactId>
+        <artifactId>cocoon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </plugin>

In order to invoke it, use

cocoon:rcl     (was cocoon-rcl:webapp)
cocoon:deploy  (cocoon:deploy)

As time permits here at the ApacheCon, I will work on the documentation of both
goals and their properties.

In short, the first one creates a minimal web application that enables you to
run a block. As the name says it supports automatic reloads whenever a resources
changes. This feature also includes .java files.

The second one allows "patching" the web.xml by adding snippets from
META-INF/cocoon/xpatch to it. It also supports a feature that reverses the
classloader hierarchy in a web application by using a shielding classloader.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc