cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r534018 - in /cocoon: trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/ whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 15:46:59 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1 May 2007, at 12:47, reinhard@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: reinhard
>> Date: Tue May  1 04:47:14 2007
>> New Revision: 534018

>> Log:
>> keep the old maven plugins easily accessible
>> for some time
>>
>> Added:
>>     cocoon/whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>>       - copied from r534017,
>> cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>> Removed:
>>     cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>
> *sigh*
>
> Reinhard, you're making my life _VERY_ difficult :-(
>
> I see little discussion on the mailing list

that's unfortunatly true but I can't do more than announcing things
(http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117705703514534&w=2). If nobody answers
for more than 10 days!, I except that others agree.

> about this sort of change
> (other than a brief "I've started to merge" a couple of days ago). I'm
> happy that you're doing the work, but not happy at the pain it causes.

sorry for this.

> I'm trying to keep track of 2.2, document changes, and write slides on
> using it ... but it's a frustrating experience! Having to trawl through
> commit messages to find when things are about to move is painful.

Though I think that this statement is not really fair, I understand your
frustration.

> never know when a clean build on a new box is going to fail, because
> jars are suddenly missing, moved or whatever. This has pretty much been
> my experience for the last couple of months :-(
>
> If you're at Apachecon, maybe we can have a beer and you can help me
> understand all this?

sure

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc