cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From bary <peter.barta...@stonline.sk>
Subject Applets in cocoon portal
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 15:39:59 GMT

Hi!

I am trying to run an applet in cocoon under portal. I have included it in
the html page this way:

I have tried also:

	<APPLET
	  CODE="test.SampleApplet.class"
	  archive="sampleapplet.jar"
		NAME="SampleApplet"
	  WIDTH=800
	  HEIGHT=600>
	</APPLET>

The applet source code is included in the sampleapplet.jar file. The sitemap
contains this:

    <map:match pattern="AppletPage.html">
      <map:generate src="AppletPage.html" type="html"/>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:match>

    <map:match pattern="**.class">
      <map:read src="lib/{1}.jar" mime-type="application/java-archive"/>
    </map:match>
    <map:match pattern="**.jar">
      <map:read src="lib/{1}.jar" mime-type="application/java-archive"/>
    </map:match>

The sampleapplet.jar is located in the lib subdirectory of the directory
containing the sitemap. If I go to the URL of the html page directly -
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/..../AppletPage.html (not through the portal)
everything is ok and the applet runs. The html page is included in the
portal’s coplet. If I get to the page through it, it doesn’t work. If I
delete the applet from the page, the page is displayed right. Has anyone
already used applets in portal's coplets and have an idea what I am doing
wrong?