cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:12:27 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> Huh, you are really good at catching bugs :-)

Well, it's actually the fault of our sitemaps ;-)

> Naming follows URLConnection. See [1] for explanation. I think that it
> is an implementation detail what connect() does in a fact and other
> classes should not bother.

Yes, I know, but ServletConnection no longer extends URLConnection and I
don't know see any need for implementing it. It's only used by the
ServletSource.

> Ahhh, aggregation! I've not thought about it while implementing caching.
> Basically, I agree on your proposed change and will do it. However,
> concern comes to my mind instantly:
> Why sources are not cached at all?!
> It seems that only whole pipelines (in "caching" implementation) or
> pipelines fragments (in "caching-point" implementation) are cached and
> never data from sources itself.

I think the wrong caching came from the problem with the too-early call of
getLastModified() by ResourceReader, thus it was a mixture of bugs that
helped spotting this one.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek