cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:47:05 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> I don't understand your setup a little bit. What is the first transformer for? It would
be good if you provided whole pipelines fragment.
> Attaching whole test blocks to the issue in JIRA is not a bad idea because we can be
sure that we execute exactly the same code.

There are three sitemaps involved and they are very large and complex, thus
its not so easy to strip them down. But I will do that once I see the
problems fixed.

For the bugs: there are multiple bugs, each related to each other and
behaving differently depending on a caching or non-caching pipeline:

1) Last-Modified header set to -1 instead of skipping it (my last mail)

2) Equal URIs in different blocks make the first request return an empty
response. Looks like the resource is in cache because of the same URI but
cannot be retrieved, thus empty response. On second attempt the cache is
filled with data. (I haven't been able to debug that specifically, so maybe
I am not correct here)

3) When introducing globally unique URIs in ServletSource.getURI() with a
non-resolvable scheme (eg. servlet:com.mycompany.myservlet-bean-id:/foobar)
this will make any relative resolving of resources fail. Eg. XSLT <include>
or <import> statements work by taking Source.getURI() as base path for the
relative path and then resolve this new included source in a normal way.
Thus things returned by Source.getURI() *must* be resolvable!

4) ServletSource.ServletValidity.isValid(SourceValidity) swallows exceptions
thrown in connect, thus any ProcessingExceptions in the called block. It
simply returns UNKNOWN validity status and one gets an empty response
without knowing that an exception was a reason for this.

I have fixes for all of this, unfortunately I still get an exception via 4)
that I cannot explain. It's the same old "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Premature end of file" because of an empty response. :-(

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com