cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Failing to build trunk because 'package org.apache.avalon.framework.container does not exist'
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:18:26 GMT
It's related to the new <dependencyManagement/> section in the root pom.
This is supposed to work properly only with Maven 2.0.6+. Older versions of
Maven seem to get the dependency versions wrong (at least different) and
thus a wrong version of a jar is used for cocoon-forms which leads to the
compile error.

I had the same problem but with modified version stamps of cocoon (replaced
the -SNAPSHOT suffix everywhere to make a company-internal release) and in
that situation it did not work even with Maven 2.0.6. So I put all cocoon
dependencies in the root pom's dependencyManagement section in comments and
yes - it works again.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek