cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: "servlet:/" URL
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:27:28 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> servlet:/ is supposed to work in the same way as block:/ did, so if you
> get any problem I need a little bit more information to be able to help.

More testing shows that it mostly works, but it does not work for flowscript
parameters. When using the handleForm() function of Form.js like this:

   <call function="handleForm">
     <parameter name="function"
	  value="showDForm" />
     <parameter name="definitionURI"
       value="servlet:/form-definition/" /> <!-- does not work -->
   </call>

this exception comes up:

Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not parse form definition.
   at [FormManager] - servlet:/form-definition//
   at Form - resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js:35
   at handleForm -
resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js:380

The "real" exception is a SAXParseException because the input stream
returned from the source "servlet:/form-definition" seems to be empty.

When using "cocoon:/form-definition/" it works perfect. All other servlet:/
usages are ok, as far as I can see now (there are other problems that block
various functionality, mostly dojo client side logic).

> Not that it matter in the context but servlet:/ corresponds to cocoon://
> rather than cocoon:/ (this in turn is because the cocoon protocol
> doesn't comply to http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt and we wanted the
> new protocol to be correct at least).

Ah, yes, but we aren't using any root sitemap, so cocoon:/ is the only thing
we want.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek