cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building trunk.
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:39:29 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>> Or is the idea  that the user looks into our released parent pom and
>> copies our <dependencyMangement> section into his own project or even
>> inherits from our root pom?
> If the user uses our root pom then they can be assured that the system
> will work. If they use different versions then they will have to verify
> that doing so doesn't cause any problems.

What about the unwanted rubble that the user will inherit by extending
our root pom ? Some of it is harmless (developers, issueMgmt etc) but
other elements have a potential impact on a project (build plugins,
reporting). Most of our users will not understand the full scope of what
they're inheriting if they extend our root pom, and to be honest i don't
think we can expect them to.

Regards,
Jorg