cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Services + Shielding
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:23:51 GMT
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> After thinking more about this, I believe that one main distinction is
> that cocoon-rcl creates an environment which is used at development
> time. Alex' solution is used in production too, IIUC.

It's actually not that important to have reloading for the shielded
servlets, as they are external libraries that are not modified (at least for
us).

> I would prefer that the ShieldingServlet stuff was implemented as an
> interceptor and moved into a separate module. Doing so doesn't interfer
> with our ambitions to use OSGi for further support of modularization in
> the future.

Regarding OSGI: the concept is ok and the main feature is having full
automatic reloading of components/plugins. But the funny thing is that
Eclipse as the major OSGI platform does not feature a plugin reloading
during runtime... IMHO I am skeptical about such a spec that does not work
in the end. Just my 2 cents...

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek