cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <>
Subject Re: Servlet Services + Shielding
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:14:46 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> You are supposed to be able to use the ShieldingServletService,

> with a ordinary Spring configuration, similar to the one you used before.

Ok, now I found it out. I just had to replace the old class
org.apache.cocoon.blocks.shielding.ShieldingBlockServlet with
o.a.c.servletservice.shielding.ShieldingServletService and it works. I tried
to use the new servlet:context spring-namespace-handler-based configuration,
but that obviously cannot work, since the ShieldingServletService is not yet
prepared for that style of config. All the time I though ServletService is
still used with servlet:context, so there must be a way to replace it with
ShieldingServletService - but you left it there to continue to support the
old config, right?

> But of course it would be a better idea to integrate it tighter with the
>  rest of the servlet services and maybe use an extension of the custom
> XML-scheme for the configuration.

Yes, this would make the config easier.

> You could probably get write access to the Daisy documentation if you
> ask for it. But the important thing is that we have the documentation
> somewhere.

I find the wiki much more easier to find/use than the daisy documentation,
eg. I have a full text search - although most of its content is quite old.
No one outside of the developer mailinglist knows about the website and the daisy website... Maybe this could be
improved by putting 2.2 development/documentation links on the front page, next to 2.1 stable.

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message