cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Services + Shielding
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:31:50 GMT
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Becoming even vaguer: could such a shielding classloader interceptor
>> somehow use the reloading classloader from cocoon-rcl?
>
> TBH, I have no idea ATM, but I will look into Alex' work when I make
> cocoon-rcl ready for a release.

FYI: The ShieldingServletService uses a classloader provided by the
ShieldedGroupClassLoaderManager that effectively uses
o.a.c.classloader.DefaultClassLoaderFactory to create a classloader that
will serve the actual servlet (though the factory is configurable via an
init-param). If you give your servlets the same "shielded-group" name, they
will share the same classloader, which is useful if these servlets have
strong coupling by eg. using static methods of each other.

The shielding itself is already done by using the
ShieldingClassLoaderInterceptor which ensures that the correct classloader
is set, before the shielded servlet is called. Adding that for the
ShieldingServletService itself would be nice for having a minimal
configuration (and a more difficult stacktrace during debugging ;-).

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com