cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:36:45 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
>> Yes, this would indeed be better. The super block must not know of its
>> concrete children, but be able to call polymorphic matchers - true OO.
>> Then I can remove the cyclic dep.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> BTW: When I started to use blocks and especially using the inheritance
>> feature, I was surprised that I manually had to include the
>> forward-**-to-super-block matcher at the end of the child sitemap....
>>

> I'll create issue for this one. Once again: would you like to implement it? If so, just
put a message on list.

I could easily create the patch for the warning message.

Regarding the other solution (automatically resolving the circular dep and
thus allowing it): I would now agree to skip this. A bit of research showed
that generic circular deps handling is difficult. There are solutions if one
specifically knows the two objects (see [1] and [2]). But here we are in a
piece of code that has to work generically.

Instead, it would be nice to get the real forwarding implemented soon - but
I don't know yet where to tackle the servlet-services code to get this done.

Alex

[1] http://forum.springframework.net/archive/index.php/t-94.html

[2] http://forum.springframework.org/archive/index.php/t-10186.html

--