cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:05:52 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> In short: I mean that super should work as fallback mechanism. I guess
> it does not work that way now. However, this would eliminate need for
> circular dependencies and give cleaner design.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, this would indeed be better. The super block must not know of its
concrete children, but be able to call polymorphic matchers - true OO. Then
I can remove the cyclic dep.

Alex

BTW: When I started to use blocks and especially using the inheritance
feature, I was surprised that I manually had to include the
forward-**-to-super-block matcher at the end of the child sitemap....

--
Alexander Klimetschek
http://www.mindquarry.com