cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:44:38 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> My opinion is that circular dependencies should not be allowed and I
> agree that more meaningful exception is needed here.

We do need the circular dependency: the basic principle is a super block
that runs cforms that are mainly defined in a child block - the model lies
in the child block and it contains a selection-list whose source is
block:child:/some/matcher - hence the circle, because the selection-list
will be resolved inside the super block.

> Could you please create an issue for this? Providing a patch would be
> even more appreciated. If you are going to work on it please let me know
> to not duplicate the effort.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2036

How could one solve this with spring? Does spring have a mechanism for
setting circular bean references?

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek