cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Exclusions does not work with dependency managment?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:00:56 GMT

I'm struggling now with transitive dependencies and exclusions in Cocoon.
The problem is that (for example) cocoon-sitemap-impl has dependency on
commons-jxpath which depends on commons-logging. The last one, depends
on avalon-framework:avalon-framework which should be excluded.

In our root pom, in dependency managment we have proper excslusions set:

However, they seems to be not applied while building cocoon-sitemap-impl
so the only option is to add (even more) clutter sitemap's pom. This
does not help that much, because it turns out that store suffers from
the same problem. The sequence seems to be really long.

My question is: does anyone has idea how Maven applies exclusion rules
from dependency managment? Or maybe it does not apply them at all, or as
usual, it's buggy or hacky in this case?
I'd love to hear that Maven folks use standard graph algorithms invented
a half century ago...

PS. I'm little brusque because it's not the first time I waste time
because of Maven. However, don't be alarmed; I'm not going to propose a
switch to another silver bullet ;-)

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message