cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Writing tests for Cocoon
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:50:42 GMT
Hello,

As latest experiences showed we badly need tests for servlet services. I would like to write
some but to be honest I have almost no
experience with writing automatic tests. I'd be grateful for any pointers, samples, advices
etc

To be specific I want to know if I can write tests that will run whole Cocoon's instance,
execute several servlets (sitemaps) and compare
resulting XML with static version provided by me.
I need to do that because I can hardly imagine testing such a core functionality in any other
why. Providing mock objects for all
environment seems to be death-complicated.

Thanks for any help.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski