cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:29:50 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
>
> There is a bug in my code that led to "null" values instead of -1. I
> hope that fixes the problem.
>
> Does anybody know why we set -1 by default instead of 200?

I've dug into Jetty's code to see how it treats status code values. Everything is in Response.java:
https://svn.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty/branches/jetty-6.0/modules/jetty/src/main/java/org/mortbay/jetty/Response.java

Default value is HTTP_OK (200) and it seems that Jetty does not treat -1 one anyhow special
so my wild guess is that with -1 we produce
broken HTTP response. I have no time to check it, but before doing that can anyone explain
why we set it to -1 instead of not touching anything?
What means -1 and why it's not mentioned in any Javadoc of Servlet API?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski