cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:29:50 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> There is a bug in my code that led to "null" values instead of -1. I
> hope that fixes the problem.
> Does anybody know why we set -1 by default instead of 200?

I've dug into Jetty's code to see how it treats status code values. Everything is in

Default value is HTTP_OK (200) and it seems that Jetty does not treat -1 one anyhow special
so my wild guess is that with -1 we produce
broken HTTP response. I have no time to check it, but before doing that can anyone explain
why we set it to -1 instead of not touching anything?
What means -1 and why it's not mentioned in any Javadoc of Servlet API?

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message