cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New protocol and SourceFactory in Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:18:00 GMT
Juan José Vázquez Delgado pisze:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I´m writing my first application with cocoon 2.2 (M3) and have a
> problem. I´d like using a ImageReader but with a custom SourceFactory
> and protocol. For example, I´d like something like this inside the
> sitemap.xmap in my block:
>
> <map:match pattern="/repo/folder/my_file.gif">
>       <map:read type="image"
> src="custom_protocol:///repo/folder/my_file.gif" mime-type="image/gif" />
> </map:match>
>
> I suposse that have to make a custom SourceFactory and Source but i
> don´t know how configure the factory and the protocol with spring in my
> block.

You are right, you must write custom SourceFactory and Source and register it as Spring's
bean. For concrete example take a look at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/components/
(ServletSource and ServletSourceFactory)

And configuration should look like this one:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-servlet-service-servlet-source-factory.xml

Source is registered with 'servlet' scheme. You specify it at the end of bean's name (after
slash sign). Rest should be obvious.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski