cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building apps with 2.2
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:23:07 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following up on the thread about archetypes etc, I'd love to hear from
> others on how they are approaching application building with 2.2 and
> what they see as 'best practise' - primarily because I'm concerned that
> the route the current setup sends people down might explicitly *not* be
> good:
>
> On 19 Apr 2007, at 00:57, Andrew Savory wrote:
>
>> - Looking at the way this works, myBlock is installed into $M2_REPO as
>> part of the build. But myBlock seems like the logical place to put my
>> XML content (in resource/internal/ as per the Block conventions
>> thread). I really don't want multiple copies being put into $M2_REPO,
>> and then installed into myCocoonWebapp/target/work/blocks/myBlock1
>> too. I know disk space is cheap, but ... !
>
> How are others doing this?

  - I start a new cocoon-22 project using the block archetype
  - I activate the cocoon-rcl plugin in pom.xml
  - then I enter "mvn eclipse:eclipse cocoon-rcl:webapp jetty:run"
  - I import the project in Eclipse
  - finally it's time to start working

When the need arises, I create more blocks (e.g. skinning, CMS access, etc.).

When I need a deployment unit, I use the webapp archetype and add my block as
dependency.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc