cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:48:23 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>
> Sorry, Grek, I didn't know this! Would be interesting to know how your
> name is pronounced? Does one simply skip the first "z"?

It would be too simple to just skip "z" ;-)
Actually "rz" is one consonant and should be read as whole. Pronouncing is tricky because
"rz" occurs two times and is pronounced  a little
bit differently each time. I think, I'll need to provide a mp3 file some day because I really
lack skills to explain it using plain, written
English ;-)

>> Could you also provide some minimal block setup where the bug occurs?
>> This way we would think about writing test case for it.
>
> Yup, but I still don't understand why it appears in that specific case
> although I know multiple ways to fix it ;-)

Great ;-)

> Problem
> =======
>
> My sitemaps look like that (Note that I am running everything with a
> NonCaching pipeline):
>
> <transform src="servlet:/aaa.xsl" />
>  ->
>
>     <generate src="servlet:resources:/bbb.xsl>
>
>      ->
>         <read src="bbb.xsl"/>
>      <-
>
>     <serialize type="xml" />
>
>  <- // response is empty, because its misinterpreted as not modified
>
> The response is misinterpreted as not modified, but it is not cached
> either thus he returns an empty result.
>
> The problem disappears when the generate/serialize of bbb.xsl is
> replaced by a reader. This is because the ResourceReader behaves
> different than the pipeline when the Last-Modified is set (see below).

I don't understand your setup a little bit. What is the first transformer for? It would be
good if you provided whole pipelines fragment.
Attaching whole test blocks to the issue in JIRA is not a bad idea because we can be sure
that we execute exactly the same code.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski