cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon Maven plugin - Merging deployer & rcl
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:16:25 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> BTW: Can we have a released deployer plugin as well.

I think that Cocoon should only have one Maven plugin with as many goals as
needed. Hence I propose that we merge the deployer and the reloading classloader
plugin into a single one:

  cocoon:deploy ..... provides shielding and *.xpatch support for "war"
                      proejcts
  cocoon:rcl ........ provides a minimal web environment for blocks
                      ("jar") amd complete reloading of all resources
                      (Cocoon resources, Java files, Spring context)

I'm sure that other goals will follow in the future (scaffolding, upgrade
support, etc.).

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc