cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 failing to build: cocoon-javaflow
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:36:58 GMT

Jorg Heymans wrote:

>> I can only agree with Andrew. The goal has to be that all blocks are
>> working and continuum runs all blocks. That's orthogonal to
>> independent release cycles and community interest. As long it the
>> blocks are in Cocoon's codebase we have to care for them.
>

> FWIW continuum hasn't been running for a good few weeks now. I disabled
> it around the time of Reinhard's POM refactorings and never got around
> reinstalling it.
>
> The suggestion at the time was to let CI do a top-level build with
> -Pallblocks , instead of having it parse the pom and build each block
> separately. I believe Giacomo had a setup like this for his project.

but I don't think continuum would have noticed this particular issue,
would it?

see [1]: it is fundamentally about not finding a 1.0-RC (not snapshot!)
version of commons-jci that is however _only_ published on apache's
snapshot(!) repository

so all the dependencies are put down correctly, and the classpaths are
build up as should. And those will actually point to a file on your
local maven repo IIF by some luck you happen to have that 1.0-RC jar
down there.

which is the case for those having built the mildly unrelated
'cocoon-core' project in the time-window when:
 1/ cocoon-core still had a dependency to that same version of the jci-jar
 2/ cocoon-core already had the (still lingering) hack-patch to seek for
non-snapshot stuff also on the snapshot repo)

This is not the case for people that never built cocoon (or any other
project that required jci-1.0-rc). In fact it would most likely be the
case for continuum who's building the project ever so regularly...

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-dev/200704.mbox/%3c46237230.7070704@outerthought.org%3e

-marc= (convinced we should at least patch something to avoid this)