cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: xreporter expression library release (was Re: svn commit: r528109 - /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/pom.xml)
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:14:55 GMT

Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
>
>> Yup, works now. Is it possible that you provide a release version of
>> that jar? Doesn't have to be the full 1.3 release if it's not finished
>> yet, maybe a 1.3-alpha, but I'd be glad to have no maven snapshots in
>> all the transitive dependencies as I am working on a company-internal
>> release of Cocoon 2.2-RC1.
>
> It would be better if the xreporter project team were the driving
> release manager for this. The official approach would be to ping their
> mailinglist, but maybe Marc or Bruno can give us a quick update on [1]
> here ?

it didn't happen and there are no plans on short notice
the xreporter-expressions have been fairly stable,

note also that xreporter isn't using maven-2 so all of this publishing
to a maven repo is going to be a manual thing anyway, I do understand
though that having some svn tags on the xreporter svn-trunk matching the
revision tag cocoon is using would be benificial

I know I'm downplaying things, but why not do the simplest thing that
could possibly work?

am I missing something?

-marc=