cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 2.2 failing to build: cocoon-javaflow
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:56:38 GMT
On 17.04.2007 16:25, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> Eeeeh, I hope not! I'd worry about the health of the overall codebase if
>> no-one else is building allblocks! Is this why continuum is not failing
>> when it should be?
>
> My opinion is that we should view situation with blocks in more "blockish" way. Blocks
in C2.2 are supposed to be quite independent. They
> can (and should) have its own release cycles, stability factor and interest of community.
>
> Blocks that are outside the default build are those with probably lesser interest of
community at the moment.

I can only agree with Andrew. The goal has to be that all blocks are
working and continuum runs all blocks. That's orthogonal to independent
release cycles and community interest. As long it the blocks are in
Cocoon's codebase we have to care for them.

Regards
Joerg