cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archetypes, blocks, webapps ...
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:03:14 GMT
Andrew Savory napisaƂ(a):
> Hi,
>

> I suppose it's all relative. Those big scary mvn lines make it seem like
> a lot, even if it isn't. And what you end up with is a template
> application, and not a template publishing framework.
>
> The emphasis with the demo is to show content from a Spring bean, and
> not for example a simple XML transformation. There's not even any XSLT
> in sight. This is a pretty dramatic change for what used to be a
> publishing framework.

Yeah, we try show that Cocoon 2.2 is mature enough to handle highly dynamic, serving rich
content applications. Moreover, it does it
suitable way integrating with de-facto standards like Spring. However, I agree, we should
not forget about Cocoon's roots. Thanks for
reminder! :)

> I guess ultimately if it bothers me so much, I should scratch the itch
> and write a new archetype ;-)

No, no! In my opinion, no new archetypes should be created at least for now. What do you think
about inserting small pipeline to block's
archetype acting as Welcome page for block and having link to the pipeline showing how to
use Spring beans? This way we could have small
publishing pipeline with XSL that improves the environment  for new user in parallel. Would
you like to take care of doing it?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski