cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Forms/Ajax refactoring testing (was: Re: Circular deps in servlet connections)
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:20:36 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>> You mentioned that you play with Dojo. I have some troubles with
>> fixing upload progress sample from Forms. I guess it's
>> clearly client side issue but I cannot debug relevant code snippet
>> (it does not appear in Firebug) and I'm really tired
>> with all these AJAX issues. Can I count on your help with this one?
>
> Yes, I can provide a test scenario here, we are using uploads as well.

Great, thanks for your offer!

>> I'm going to write report on Forms/Ajax refactorings and will mention
>> this problem.
>
> Can you give a short example on how one configures that all dojo js
> and form xsl files etc. are retrieved by an ajax/forms sitemap? Will
> those sitemaps get mounted automatically under some URL?
Yes, sitemaps (actually servlets running sitemaps) are mounted at
location configured in src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring. See
recent thread for more detailed info:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/72486
However, apart from your own block, you don't need to bother yourself
with mount locations of blocks because you should use connections and
servlet: scheme. Actually, that is one of reasons (not only one!) why
servlet-service-fw is so sexy that I decided to refactor whole Ajax and
Forms blocks ;-)

I provided migration guides in draft version:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-ajax/g1/1350.html
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-forms/g1/1351.html

Could you provide result of your migration? I suggest to try with some
small application.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski