cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: building trunk.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:14:03 GMT
Given the number of projects in Cocoon I'm sure it is.

Just for grins run mvn -P allblocks dependency:analyze.  It will take a
while but has tons of useful output.

As an example, I've shown part of it below. You can see that
commons-logging 1.1 is used as a transitive dependency for XML while
commons-logging 1.0.4 is used as a transitive dependency for the
Pipeline components.  While it may not happen for commons-logging, in
other cases when packaged up into a single webapp a runtime exception
might likely occur.  If commons-logging was placed in the
dependencyManagement of the root pom than only that version would get
used and presumably, if there is a problem, it would get detected during
the build.

Also notice that the Pipeline components below declares that it needs
cocoon-configuration-api but doesn't actually use it.

I'm sure that some really smart person could figure out how to write a
perl script and take the output below or the output from mvn
dependency:resolve and get it to generate all the dependencies.

[INFO] Building Cocoon XML Implementation
[INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:analyze]
[INFO]
[INFO] Preparing dependency:analyze
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [dependency:analyze]
[INFO] Used declared dependencies:
[INFO]    xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.3.02:compile
[INFO]    xml-resolver:xml-resolver:jar:1.2:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-context:jar:2.0.3:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] Used undeclared dependencies:
[WARNING]    commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1:compile
[WARNING]    org.springframework:spring-beans:jar:2.0.3:compile
[WARNING]    org.springframework:spring-core:jar:2.0.3:compile
[INFO] Unused declared dependencies:
[INFO]    None
[WARNING] Potential problems discovered.
[INFO] Found Resolved Dependency / DependencyManagement mismatches:
[INFO]    Nothing in DepMgt.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Cocoon Pipeline Components
[INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:analyze]
[INFO]
[INFO] Preparing dependency:analyze
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [dependency:analyze]
[INFO] Used declared dependencies:
[INFO]    javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.4:provided
[INFO]
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-util:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] Used undeclared dependencies:
[WARNING]
org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-pool-api:jar:2.2.1:compile
[WARNING]    xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.3.02:compile
[WARNING]    commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.3:compile
[WARNING]
org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-api:jar:4.3.1:compile
[WARNING]
org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-xmlutil:jar:2.2.1:compile
[WARNING]    jakarta-regexp:jakarta-regexp:jar:1.4:compile
[WARNING]    commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4:compile
[WARNING]
org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-store:jar:2.2.1:compile
[WARNING]
org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-sourceresolve:jar:2.2.1:compile
[WARNING]
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-api:jar:1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] Unused declared dependencies:
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-configuration-api:jar:1.0.0:compile