cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servlet Services + Shielding
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:45:24 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz skrev:

>>> +1
>>>
>> Becoming even vaguer: could such a shielding classloader interceptor
>> somehow use the reloading classloader from cocoon-rcl?
>
> TBH, I have no idea ATM, but I will look into Alex' work when I make
> cocoon-rcl ready for a release.

After thinking more about this, I believe that one main distinction is that
cocoon-rcl creates an environment which is used at development time. Alex'
solution is used in production too, IIUC.

                                       - o -

I would prefer that the ShieldingServlet stuff was implemented as an interceptor
and moved into a separate module. Doing so doesn't interfer with our ambitions
to use OSGi for further support of modularization in the future.
 From my experience there should be only one instance that influences the
classloader within one application, otherwise you run into troubles very likely.

As I said yesterday, I will have a closer look at it and will hopefully be able
to comment on technical details too.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc