cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Logging
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 09:09:05 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> the only thing which is 'broken' compared with 2.1
>>> is logging.
>> ... which forces the user to recompile. Do we want or do we have to accept this?

>>   Although the change is a very simple one, it would be better to have a
>> deprecation period to give our users some more time.
> Independent from this the users have to recompile - we removed
> deprecated stuff, changed interal api, updated 3rd party libraries. I
> guess there will be much more problems than this. In addition, with 2.2
> you might need a different project setup anyway.

I migrated two projects to 2.2: one was based on 2.1 and the other on the old
ECM++ stuff. In both cases I created the new structure from scratch and then I
moved the old code to the new projects.

>> Is there any chance to make the Spring beanfactory acknowledging the
>> LoggingEnabled interface?
>>
> What do you mean? LoggingEnabled works for Avalon components. Do you
> want to enable it for "real" Spring beans? We could just provide a bean
> factory post processor for this.

I meant that.

>> Second question: Do we consider component implementations (EHCacheStore,
>> CachingImpl, etc.) being public API or their interfaces only?
> I think only the interfaces are public api.

that's my understanding too but wanted to cross-check with others.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc