cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Logging
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:52:09 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> the only thing which is 'broken' compared with 2.1
>> is logging.
>
> ... which forces the user to recompile. Do we want or do we have to accept this?
>   Although the change is a very simple one, it would be better to have a
> deprecation period to give our users some more time.
Independent from this the users have to recompile - we removed
deprecated stuff, changed interal api, updated 3rd party libraries. I
guess there will be much more problems than this. In addition, with 2.2
you might need a different project setup anyway.

> Is there any chance to make the Spring beanfactory acknowledging the
> LoggingEnabled interface?

What do you mean? LoggingEnabled works for Avalon components. Do you
want to enable it for "real" Spring beans? We could just provide a bean
factory post processor for this.

> Second question: Do we consider component implementations (EHCacheStore,
> CachingImpl, etc.) being public API or their interfaces only?
I think only the interfaces are public api.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/