cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:19:16 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
>
> I could easily create the patch for the warning message.
>
> Regarding the other solution (automatically resolving the circular dep
> and thus allowing it): I would now agree to skip this. A bit of
> research showed that generic circular deps handling is difficult.
> There are solutions if one specifically knows the two objects (see [1]
> and [2]). But here we are in a piece of code that has to work
> generically.

Yes, in general circular dependencies are not recommended.

> Instead, it would be nice to get the real forwarding implemented soon
> - but I don't know yet where to tackle the servlet-services code to
> get this done.

I don't internals too, but I hope that Daniel will have some free time
to give us hints. For now, just digging into the code is the only option
IMO. I'm busy with other stuff (postable source especially) so will not
be able to do this.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski