cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: StoreJanitor
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:05:04 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> Yes, this is exactly my point. The extra problem is that the StoreJanitor
> never has access to the eviction policy of the cache, and just starts
> throwing out entries "at random".

That's incorrect statement. I'd say that StoreJanitor always has access to the
eviction policy, with the exception of incorrect cache implementation, such as
EHCache:

public class EHDefaultStore implements Store {

     public void free() {
         try {
             final List keys = this.cache.getKeysNoDuplicateCheck();
             if (!keys.isEmpty()) {
                 // TODO find a way to get to the LRU one.
                 final Serializable key = (Serializable) keys.get(0);

If you were to fix the root of the problem first, many of your other troubles
would simply evaporate.

Vadim