cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:29:57 GMT
Rice Yeh napisaƂ(a):
> The idea directly applies to OO's inheritance definition. However,
> it might not be easy to implement because it is hard to define "the
> looked-up resource does not exist in the extending servlet." Take
> flowscript as example, it is usually a javascript error when calling a
> method of a non-existent javascript object which exists in the super
> servlet but matched in the extending servlet's sitemap.

Either you extend block or not you should always be careful about matching patterns. I think
it has nothing to do with servlet services if
you just create to generic matchers.
Now commenting you concern, I do not fully understand "javascript error when calling a method
of a non-existent javascript object". Can you
explain it a little bit?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski