cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuation looks for wrong interpreter when using servlet protocol
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 06:41:59 GMT
Rice Yeh wrote:
> Hi,
>   Here is another problem when using servlet protocol. A servlet S1
> extends another servlet S2. A web continuation k is generated in S2.
> When k returns back, k is matched in S1 with match pattern "*.continue"
> which exists in S2 also. Then comes an error with message like "k bound
> to S2, but looked up in S1".

I wonder if this really increases the security of Cocoon apps which was the
original reason why this feature was introduced. Can somebody comment on this?

As a quick work-around you could use a different pattern that matches your
continuation continue pipelines in S2. It might be that the "strict mode" is
configureable somehow but can't rememeber.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc