cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: Circular deps in servlet connections (was Re: Servlet Services + Shielding)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:11:52 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek napisaƂ(a):
> Oh, I got it: there was a circular dependency in the servlet connections
> (A using B, B using A as super). It did work with the old block
> servlets, but now you get the very unhelpful exception. I don't think we
> actually need this circular connection in particular. But generally, two
> solutions are available:
> Is it possible to allow circular dependencies in the servlet connections?
> If not, there should be at least some kind of check that prints a better
> message.

My opinion is that circular dependencies should not be allowed and I
agree that more meaningful exception is needed here.

Could you please create an issue for this? Providing a patch would be
even more appreciated. If you are going to work on it please let me know
to not duplicate the effort.

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message