cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <a.sav...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Archetypes, blocks, webapps ...
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:57:28 GMT
Hi,

Ok, more questions ;-)

On 17 Apr 2007, at 15:03, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Yeah, we try show that Cocoon 2.2 is mature enough to handle highly
> dynamic, serving rich content applications. Moreover, it does it
> suitable way integrating with de-facto standards like Spring.
> However, I agree, we should not forget about Cocoon's roots. Thanks
> for
> reminder! :)

Happy to help ;-)

>> I guess ultimately if it bothers me so much, I should scratch the
>> itch
>> and write a new archetype ;-)
>
> No, no! In my opinion, no new archetypes should be created at least
> for now. What do you think about inserting small pipeline to block's
> archetype acting as Welcome page for block and having link to the
> pipeline showing how to use Spring beans? This way we could have small
> publishing pipeline with XSL that improves the environment  for new
> user in parallel. Would you like to take care of doing it?

Ok, I have tried hacking the archetype, but I have a couple of concerns:

- Looking at the way this works, myBlock is installed into $M2_REPO
as part of the build. But myBlock seems like the logical place to put
my XML content (in resource/internal/ as per the Block conventions
thread). I really don't want multiple copies being put into $M2_REPO,
and then installed into myCocoonWebapp/target/work/blocks/myBlock1
too. I know disk space is cheap, but ... !

- It looks like any file added to the archetype needs to be in the
manifest META-INF/archetype.xml file too. It seems like this could
end up being a substantial list? (Probably more of an m2 question,
but no internet connection right now ...)

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135