cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <mpfingsth...@apache.org>
Subject Servlets, Sitemaps, and Spring in trunk
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:34:55 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at trunk to find out how things work these days and
it looks great, but I am a bit confused. It seems like the blocks can
register their own servlet to handle requests, is that true? There is
a suspicious xml file in META-INF/cocoon/spring in each sample. But
how does spring, or is it avalon, know that this servlet should be
used at all? Through DispatcherServlet? It doesn't seem to work right
now though, at least not if I use the cocoon-webapp. Is there an easy
way to make it work? I'm trying to do some json stuff, so a "detour"
through cocoon would not be so great.

Thanks for the help!
Bye,
Max