cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject New stuff for Cocoon
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:02:07 GMT
Hi folks,

since we released the first (beta) version of our Cocoon-based open source
teamwork software this week (http://www.mindquarry.com), I'd like to offer
the Cocoon blocks we wrote that could move into Cocoon itself. So we don't
need to maintain them any longer ;-) No, just joking, but since we got a lot
by using the Cocoon framework, we want to give something back! These blocks are:

- cocoon-extractor:

extracts full-text content of different file types (currently word, excel,
powerpoint, pdf, xml and plain text) using jakarta slide and others; it
provides a Generator that gives full-text that can be used for eg. indexing
binary files

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-search/trunk/cocoon-extractor/

- SVN source:

a source that reads a local subversion repository and provides the content,
supports revisions etc. (read-only)

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-workspace/trunk/mindquarry-dma-source/

- JCR xml source:

an advanced version of the jcr source that is already present in the
cocoon-jcr-impl block; it maps xml content onto the jcr node tree structure,
so when you push in xml content, it won't store it as binary stream, but
rather as a nodes with subnodes and so on; this allows to run xpath queries
on the xml document's content; the source also supports jcr versioning, each
new write will create a new version

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-jcr/trunk/mindquarry-jcr-source/

And various components:

- RunningModeDependentPipeline: (Pipeline)

to automatically use different pipelines depending on the running mode, eg.
no caching in dev, full caching in prod, and optionally enabling profiling
with a single system property (I know this is possible by putting two
different xconf/spring bean files under dev/ or prod/, but this code is
quite young in cocoon, so we don't have it available in our cocoon version)

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-webapp/trunk/mindquarry-webapp-resources/src/main/java/com/mindquarry/webapp/pipelines/RunningModeDependentPipeline.java

- MavenPomPropertiesModule: (Input Module)

allows to read eg. the version numbers out of your block jars

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-webapp/trunk/mindquarry-webapp-resources/src/main/java/com/mindquarry/webapp/modules/MavenPomPropertiesModule.java

- ParamsToURIModule: (Input Module)

a meta module that converts all attributes of another module into a correct
uri query string (&a=b;c=d)

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-webapp/trunk/mindquarry-webapp-resources/src/main/java/com/mindquarry/webapp/modules/ParamsToURIModule.java

- RedirectTransformer: (Transformer)

transformer doing a redirect, good after a SourceWritingTransformer if you
want to redirect to another page after a POST

http://www.mindquarry.org/repos/mindquarry-webapp/trunk/mindquarry-webapp-resources/src/main/java/com/mindquarry/webapp/transforming/RedirectTransformer.java

Some of the things will only need a different package name, but others need
a bit more changes to become separate and adhere to all conventions of a
cocoon block.

Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek