cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:39:58 GMT
On 3/30/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Ard Schrijvers napisaƂ(a):
<snip/>

> I see, it's classical example of situation where conditional (condition
> based on processed content) pipelines would be very helpful.
> Unfortunately, we don't have them (yet?).
<snip/>

The classic response has always been that dynamic conditional
pipelines have no place in Cocooon and that if you need them you are
looking at the problem incorrectly.

Isn't the real problem here that you can't pass header info up from
the sub-pipeline?  We've talked about other reasons why this may need
to be fixed (not my Validation example! ;-p), this sounds like a
concrete use case that supports the need to fix it?
--
Peter Hunsberger