cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] Final version of new Cocoon masthead
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:30:08 GMT
On 3/21/07, hepabolu <hepabolu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter Hunsberger said the following on 21/3/07 14:32:
> > Looks good.  There are some quirks as you scale it larger, in
> > particualr with IE 6.  Maybe we should add a Note about "Best viewed
> > with a standards compliant browser", but I don't know
>
> No. That's sooooo nineties.

You cut off the ;-)....

> As said before: I think our primary target group will probably have good
> eyesight (and thus won't scale the fonts) and most of them will probably
> NOT use IE6 (especially with IE7 out now).

People with disabilities are often a version (or two) behind most
other people for two reasons: 1) they need plug-ins to do text to
voice or area magnification or similar and the plugins always take a
while to catch up to the current technology; 2) they have someone else
set up their system for them and the system itself is not usually
state of the art.  IE6 is by far the most common browser for such
people simply because it still the most common browser for the general
population...

--
Peter Hunsberger