cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Block conventions
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:04:42 GMT
On 3/14/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:

Almost forgot:

> I remember myself struggling badly on the beginning so I decided that my
> main aim here (as Cocoon committer) will be making it easier to start
> with Cocoon for newcomers. I was going to propose many small
> improvements (at least I see them as improvements) but now I have some
> doubts if I will have enough energy to struggle like with this one.

Don't let me (or anyone else) scare you.  I wade through a high volume
of e-mail from a lot of lists and may sometimes have to have things
explained to me more than once .

A little reminiscing:

One of my 1st posts to the Dev list was to respond in favor of a
change that someone else was proposing and to explain a use case we
had for the proposed change.  It was immediately met by a barrage of
reasons as to why it shouldn't be implemented by a particular long
time member (to the point of me being told that he would no longer
respond to my arguments because I clearly had no idea what I was
proposing).  Two years later or so, the same member ended up needing
the same change and wrote and committed it himself.  Such is life in
open source development; there are a lot of very different back
grounds and what is clear to one person often only becomes clear to
another over a long period of time...

--
Peter Hunsberger