cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Block conventions
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:53:58 GMT
On 3/14/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <> wrote:
> Peter Hunsberger napisaƂ(a):

> Now, blocks are _completely_ seperated from each other from their
> architecture foundation. It means that resources in one block do not
> interfere with resources in other block in any way. What's more, it's
> virtually not possible to access resources from block A in block B (or
> at least we should not assume that because it's not part of contract
> between blocks) directly. I mean that even if blockA is mounted on
> /root/BlockA and blockB is mounted /root/BlockB we are not allowed to
> access resources from blockA in blockB in this way: map:read
> src="../blockA/foo.js".
> Relative paths are only relative to the block's context. From every
> block's perspective block's context is root path and there is no
> superior location/path whatever.

Ok, got it.  From your original e-mail I thought you were proposing to
have _all_ files placed in the "external" directory available via the
_same_ sitemap URI. Instead you're saying that you still have to
access the resources via the servlet: protocol.  In that case, sure, I
don't see any real problem.  If nothing else at least the project
supplied blocks will become a little more predictable; though that
means someone has to go through them all and make them conform to the
same layout...

Peter Hunsberger
View raw message