cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:03:05 GMT
On 3/2/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <grek@tuffmail.com> wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz napisaƂ(a):
> > Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >> Hi all,

<snip/>

First of all, congratulations...

> In meanwhile, I've been admitted to the University of Warsaw,
> mathematics as subject. I'm really proud of it, as our department is
> considered to be the best of the world on the computer science (in all
> algorithmic contests we are just unbeatable...) and one of the best on
> the mathematics.

Now, keep this up and I might just have to withdraw my vote: my Alma
Mata is the University of Waterloo,  one of the few places in the
world where you can get a Bachelor of Math; they regularly win a lot
of comp sci. contests as well and I'd consider them one of the best in
mathematics! :-p

> The field of my interest is really broad, I would like to mention only a
> small portion:
> * quantum theory from mathematician perspective, including models of
> quantum computers
> * functional languages (how they scale in parallel computing, how
> successfully they are in describing processes and algorithms, etc.)
> * new approaches on data storage and databases. I'm looking currently on

I ended up doing mostly theoretical algebra (ring / field theory,
etc.) since in my day things like asymmetric encryption were just
starting to take off.  Lots of fun, and I still get to use some of it
in my work.  Nice to have another mathematician on board, welcome
again.

--
Peter Hunsberger