cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] Artwork for cocoon.apache.org - final4
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 14:37:52 GMT
On 3/1/07, hepabolu <hepabolu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> in the midst of his wedding preps Thien has provided a new version where
> the breadcrumb bar is a flat solid color now, rather than a glossy
> rounded bar. I've taken the liberty to change the shade to the same
> color as the "getting" boxes.

Better, but it still looks detached, could you try the color as the
background of the Cocoon logo or something similar, the dark blue
would contrast with the breadcrumb text and I think integrate better
with the rest of the page?  It might not be any better, you can
probably judge pretty quickly by yourself...

<snip/>

> The only issue left now (AFAICK) is Peter Hunsberger's mentioning of the
> "pastel" colors of the blocks in the masthead.

This is no big deal, I am certainly ok with the current colors.  I
just suspect that using some bolder colors (in maybe just a couple
blocks) might punch things up.  In a way I'd sort of like to see the
major colors of the thematic elements of the site repeated in the
blocks colors.  It would be a subliminal way of suggesting
reusability, but that might be getting a little carried away.  It's
hard to tell if it would help any since we've never seen any
comparisons...

--
Peter Hunsberger