cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: XHTML Serializer block/Ajax: Bug
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:00:13 GMT
On 3/16/07, Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:
> (moving to dev list)
>
> [...]
> But why not staying with HTML then??? Why is the XHTMLSerializer be used
> in those cases? IMO we should NOT implement any special case handling in
> XHTMLSerializer but tell the people to use the HTMLSerializer.

As the original author of the code, if you don't want to implement
quirks, then, what's the difference between the "XHTML" serializer and
the "XML" serializer?

If you don't need quirks, you don't need to support browsers, then
simply use the XMLSerializer and forget about it, the XHTML and HTML
do exactly this job of supporting as many browsers as possible, no?

    Pier