cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:26:50 GMT

> Ard Schrijvers napisaƂ(a):
> > I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:
> >
> > Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in
> the serializer, like:
> >
> > <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}"
> cache-control="{cache}">
> >
> > I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing
> with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache,
> like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before
> on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM
> >
> I'm -1 for setting this in a serializer.
> > I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible
> and/or desirable?
> >

> I was going to propose the same but set on pipeline level. Then one
> would group pipelines sharing the same caching
> characteristics. We have
> already "expires" parameter for pipelines so I think it fits into
> current design.

I am not in favor of this. When you only create a form with a continuation based on the contents
of some xml file, you do not know which pipelines do, and which do not contain a form.  You
do know in flow when you are creating a form/continuation. Setting a variable at that point
and be able to use it in the serializer as an extra http header is IMO the only way

Ard