cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [vote result] Jeroen Reijn as a new Cocoon committer
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:23:47 GMT
Hi all,

I finally found some time last night to write my introduction. I've been around europe lately,
so I was in and out of the office.
I was extremely surprised by Andrews nomination (thanks Andrew) and by all the trust I got
back from all comitters.

Some information about myself:

I'm 27 years old an live in Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
In 2003 I got my Bachelors degree in Computer Science and started working at Hippo a month
later. While working at Hippo I got in touch with Cocoon 2.1.3 (I think) and before the end
of 2003 I had written my first Cocoon webapplication.

At the end of 2003 I tried to help out on the userlist a bit with the little knowledge I had
about Cocoon. (Thanks for spotting that Joerg!) In the meantime I've worked with a lot of
Cocoon blocks and I'm really looking forward to working with Cocoon 2.2. Over the years I
also noticed that Cocoon needs so much more documentation, so that will be one of my focus
points. Cocoon 2.2 is going to be the next big thing, so I will try to help out with that
as well.

Some of you I might have met at one or more GT's (I've attended 2003-2006) or at the ApacheCon
last year in Dublin. I will also be presenting a talk together with Jasha (my collegeau) about
Basic Webapplication development with Cocoon at the upcoming ApacheCon EU in Amsterdam. For
those of you who will be there I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn