cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <>
Subject RE: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:20:38 GMT

> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> > I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:
> >
> > Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in
> the serializer, like:
> >
> > <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}"
> cache-control="{cache}">
> >
> > I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing
> with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache,
> like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before
> on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM
> >
> > I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible
> and/or desirable?
> Please see HttpHeaderAction, can set any response header you want

I know. But, it does not work when you set the response header in a subpipeline, so you *have*
to do this in the pipeline which contains the serializer, but quite normally, I have one main
catch all matcher with the xhtml serialzer. In this catch all matcher, I do not know wether
or not I will have a form with continuation, and I only want to set the header no-cache when
there actually is a continuation for example. The problem is way more subtle then just a HttpHeaderAction
and currently there is not a really easy solution for having continuation in forms behind
mod_cache (let alone a balanced environment, where the sticky sessions come in)

> Vadim

View raw message