cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: web3 block - lifecycle issues and class design
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 11:48:11 GMT
Hi Igor,

On 31.03.2007 03:43, Igor Naumov wrote:

> Oh, good, somebody is not only working on it but also checking the mail
> list :-)

actually I'm not working on or with it. Just checked the Cocoon
lifecycle aspects.

> Now since I found somebody to complain to :-), here are a couple of
> other things.
>
> Method Web3ClientImpl.initClient sets a different repository for
> essentially every RFC call (or am I missing something?)

The whole processing is indeed done on every call. I don't know about
the consequences changing this or whether any of those objects are
reusable or thread safe. Actually I don't know anything about the SAP stuff.

> Default streamer DefaultWeb3StreamerImpl seems to trim white space from
> the string field values.

Yes, it does.

> I think I saw some reasoning behind it in the SVN comments, but I am
> still not sure if this is entirely correct.

Not much reasoning in the commit message. It only says "handling null
values". For non-null values trim() was applied with that commit.

> While it's an SAP habit to discard the trailing whitespace (at least
> internally), the leading spaces are still preserved.
> So trim() is not completely adequate for the task.
> Any comments on that?

No idea. Maybe there are some specs?

Jörg