cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: web3 block - lifecycle issues and class design
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:00:59 GMT
On 30.03.2007 20:36, Igor Naumov wrote:
> I have been using the block web3 for some time and ran into a couple of
> issues.

Oh, somebody is using it :)

> Most of them are related to the lifecycle of the class - it seems that
> some things are preventing a clean instantiation/disposal of the block
> classes.
>
> In particular, method Web3DataSourceSelectorImpl.dispose() destroys
> (through =null ) the manager and lock properties.

Nulling the lock is indeed wrong, especially since dispose() is called
for every instance (though we should have only one due to ThreadSafe).
But I can't see why nulling the manager should cause any problem. It
should be reinjected via service() on next access to the component.

> For some reason when an application (Cocoon) is restarted (without
> restarting servlet/J2EE/JVM, e.g. through a URL ?cocoon-reload=true),
> the class (Web3DataSourceSelectorImpl) is not completely unloaded,
> so the private static properties are not re-initialized.

I guess this only reloads the components but not their classes. Somebody
else might confirm this.

Thanks for your report. Fixed it in SVN.

Regards
Jörg